Going In Circles
For about the past week, I've been working on an art project. It involved making an image out of filled circles. My original idea was to use circular black stickers of two different sizes. After checking out Michael's and OfficeMax, I realized that black circular stickers aren't that popular. I ended up getting some pens and a stencil with different sized circles. I did my first test with .5 inch and .25 inch circles on graph paper. People were able to recognize the image, but my brother pointed out a problem with the image to me. So I changed the picture and up it to 4 sizes ranging from .5" to .125", though my test run was half the size to get more image on the graph paper. I did two different images really, one of the picture I was going with and one of a familiar face at the bar. I showed them both to people at the bar. One person was able to recognize both people without me telling them. After that, I was set, other than having the white butcher paper (36"x24"). Being impatient with my project, I decided to use some of my brown packaging paper. I adjusted the image in Photoshop to see if I'd like it and I did. After 3 days of drawing circles, I was done. You can also see the image in the apartment section of my photos page.
Can you tell who it is?

Blog
2 Comments:
I kinda think it looks like Natalie Portman.
oh, and it looks really awesome!! Nice work, you continue to amaze me.
Post a Comment
<< Home