Blog

Friday, November 02, 2007

Speaking Without Brain

I'm sure you've caught yourself saying something so stupid that, if you would have been thinking, you never would have said it. I don't often have is problem. Though, I had two experiences in the last few weeks where the students said things that were so stupid everyone had to laugh.

I was working at a middle school all week long. In the middle of class while the students were working on classwork, one of the girls asked me, "Will you be here all week?" I said yes. She then went on too ask, "And tomorrow too?" All the students that were paying attention to the conversation started to laugh. I responded "Yes, since I'm here all week I'd have to be here tomorrow too." The student soon realized how pointless the second question was and got a kick out of it with the rest of the class.

Today, I was at a high school for a half-day. They were all working on a take-home test that I was told not to help them with. One of the students asked me what college I went to. I get this question a lot, along with, "What is your heritage?", "How old are you?", and "Were you dropped as a child?" I responded, "I went to the University of Eau Claire Wisconsin." He then followed up with the question, "Where is that?" Everyone at the group including the person who asked realized the stupidity of the question and we all had a good chuckle. He recomposed and asked with all seriousness, "So what state is that in? Missouri?" We all started laughing again, and he again realized the uselessness of his question. It's not often you get a Two-for.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

Not sure whether Kaz has mentioned this, but be sure to bring your own pillow when you come for Thanksgiving.

And no sleeping on chocolate!

5:39 PM  
Blogger tara said...

uh, did you go to uecw? I don't think so. You went to the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home