Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2007

When It Fits, It Fits

As most of you might know, I have had a full sized comforter on a queen sized bed for a while. It just looked odd and wrong. I got one that fit a few days ago. and just today I was thinking about why it took me so long to care. Originally, when I moved in I just need this place not bore me. So I slapped some cool stuff on the wall and called it good. I didn't real do any shopping. I just needed things to not look all white and bland. I ignored the bedroom and bathroom a bit. The bedroom, because there was no bed, and the bathroom, because I never really spend much time in there and when I do spend a lot of time in there the light is usually off. Eventually I did get the bed and having the bed was good enough. Who cared how it looked. A bad looking bed is always better than no bed at all. Eventually, I got a curtain for the bathroom. This was done mainly because when you look into the bathroom from the kitchen the only thing you really saw was annoying off whitish color of the lining. So I fancied it up. There was still no need to fix the bed for two reasons. If I was in the bedroom I was either on the computer (i.e. not looking at the bed) or sleeping (i.e. not looking at the bed). And reason two, I never made the bed ever so even though it didn't fit you couldn't really tell since it was alway just lumped on top. About 2 or 3 weeks ago my anal tendencies met forces with my somewhat cleanly nature and I actual organized and cleaned my apartment. Not only that, but I made a conscience effort to keep it that way (that's how the anal part fits in). So every time I got out of the shower I made sure to close the curtain back up. Ever time I was done with my closet I would close the closet door. I would push the computer seat in. I would put things back in there place. A bit scary, but effective in a way. In doing this I had to keep the bed up to code and so I would now make the bed every day, if not, every afternoon. Even after doing this, it still looked out of place. The bed never really looked done, like everything else in the place. So I went and got a proper comforter. It looks awesome. Every now and then will turn my head around and look at my bed and get this (what I assume is a) stupid look on my face. The odd thing is (if that isn't odd enough for you) that the dishes always seem to get away from me no matter how good I get to be about doing them.

I updated the picture of the bed if you want to see its glory. I also added Halloween pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home