What I Think I Hear You Say?
Over they years I've used a number a phases that to any normal person sound crazy or stupid. Most of them come from some logical place or someone else. I thought I'd list a few of the ones I remember.
- "Are you slipping what I'm slapping?" - This will usually follow "Are you picking up what I'm putting down?" I don't really know why I thought of it. I think I was just making variations of the original ("Are you movin' to what I'm groovin'?") and that was one that stuck.
- "Shabdangle" - This is used as exclamation of excitement or surprise. Chuck and I got this one on a worksheet in World Geography class. It was part of the word jumble. The country is Bangladesh. Great word, but I don't use it as much as I should.
- "lost in the kitty litter" - I was in Boise for Thanksgiving. Chuck, Shelley, Michelle (their friend), and I were driving around in their car. Michelle dropped something on the floor and couldn't find it. Shelley said it was "lost in the kitty litter." Michelle thought this was some sort of phrase used in Boise. This spawned Chuck and me to create some weird scenario about a horrible cat war in Boise.
- "Dergin!" - This is another bastardization of a wordish (ryhmes with Morgan). "Duh!" leads to "Der!" leads to "Dergin!" which leads to...
- "Schmeergin" and "Schmorgin" - I told a friend of mine, Dustin, the "Dergin!" phrase and he liked it. The next time he showed up at the Clubhouse he wanted to notify me of his presence. He couldn't quite remember the word so he said "Schmeergin!" I was slightly confused, but I went with it and replied "Schmorgin!" It stuck.
- "pushin' Magoo" - I have yet to find a use for this one, but I like it. I got this one from a song in DDR Ultamix 3. The song is called "Hot on the Phone", but they don't really say "pushin' Magoo." I have no idea what they say, but it's the best I could get. I don't think I want to know what they really say either.
Those are all the ones I can think of. Yeah, I'm stupid, but I'm having fun being stupid.
Labels: List of Something
Blog
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home