Blog

Monday, March 08, 2010

The Inevitable Other Half

So yeah, I started working out. This sort of brings up the quetsion of "So are you on a diet?" Short answer: yes. Long answer: not really, but I guess so.  Let me explain. 

I started out with the intention of just exercising and nothing else. After the first day I decided that it wouldn't hurt to improve some of my eating habits. The first two I thought of were no going to Plaid Pantry, and stop eating an entire Tombstone for dinner.  So I'm not really going balls out healthy with my diet, but I'm improving. As time continued I made some other dietary choses. Only drink water at the Clubhouse. Order side salads instead of fries. Get smaller potions when I go to Pizzacato or Quiznos. Stop eating when I feel full. So these are good improvements an are pretty easy to stick to. It also saves me money too.  I have a hard time giving up candy at work and every now an then I need a little caffine at work.

Now, why did I decide to start improving my diet?  I guess partly because it was inevitable. I know another part of it is that since I am shown my progress on a graph every day it makes my daily routine more like an on going video game. There is also a psychological component to it. Since I've been working out, I feel healthier. Since I feel healthier I tend to want to act healthier. I know some of it is a placebo effect, but I also know some of it isn't. And in the end it's all good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kaz said...

I know what you mean. It's weird. You're not as snack hungry after working out.

My secret: Do not buy baked goods. I have no will power around baked goods, cookies especially. Oreos are like little vitamins.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home