Blog

Monday, February 01, 2010

I Laughed, I Cried, I Shivered

I was listening to Car Talk at work today and couldn't help but laugh and be completely freaked out when I heard this particular story.  Some of you may have heard it already.  For those of you that car it is episode 1003.

This girl had gotten her dad hissing cockroaches as an extreme gag present.  On her way back from the pet store, she pulled one out to freak out her sister.  Unfortunately, it got away from her and quickly hid itself away.  They searched but couldn't find it.  6 weeks went by and her mom enters the car to see some bug-like thing on the seat.  It hisses and jumps on her.  But this is not the worst part.  She pretty sure it was pregnant.  Hahaha!

I harken back to a time when Emily and I were following Chuck to some place. We noticed that his car did a little shimmy.  Once we got to our destination he told us that a spider had come down in front of him.  I'm now reimaging that same situation but with a number of hissing cockroaches coming from the air vents.  The laughter is making me tear up a little bit right now.  Of course, if I imagine myself in the car, I see myself jumping out of the driver seat of a moving vehicle, arms flailing and swatting the whole time. That is the stuff of nightmares.  I know I've had a few freaky bug dreams similar to that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kaz said...

haha, I remember that. In fact, every time I drive down the north crossing I think about it. Scared the hell out of me.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home