Schevner's Place
Once I woke up from my after school nap today, I decided to walk to the near by Plaid Pantry for some milk. This is a walk I've been taking a lot less of since I still am not purchasing any sugar items. (I still have another week or so.) I find my keys and head out the door into a chilly 6:00PM dark. Just as I'm about to cross the street a guy behind me tries to get my attention, but I ignore him since I don't want to stop in the middle of the street. I am not done with him yet though. He follows me across the street and since I have to wait for the lights to change to cross to the Pantry. He's gotten my attention.
I'm use to being stopped by strangers on the street. Most of the time they're asking for loose change, directions, a light, if I'm registered to vote, or if I've accepted Jesus Christ. Never all at once, of course.
"Hey, do you know where Schevner's Place is?" I'm not really sure what place he said, but it sounded something like that.
"Nope, sorry."
He starts pointing in the direction I'm headed and continues, "It use to be called The Happenin' Place?" Now what kind of person asks for directions when he already knows where to go? Oh God! This is all just a distraction so I won't notice him pulling a knife or gun on me. I'm being mugged. He seems to have picked an oddly open and busy area to do it. Crap, he's gonna get my 51 dollars.
"Yeah I know the place."
"Do you want to go get a cup of coffee or something?" This sure is an odd way of taking someones money. So I guess he's just a weirdo who like a coffee buddy. Though he may try to make me pay for his coffee.
"No, I don't like coffee."
"That's too bad. Have a good one."
Yeah, too bad you won't get your free coffee. "You too!"
Blog
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home