Blog

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Crazy Alex

A few weeks ago I locked myself out of my apartment and I wasn't doing laundry that time. I had to work that night at karaoke and since I couldn't get a hold of my landlord or drive my car I had planned to walk to the Clubhouse. I started my walked and made some calls. Before I got too far my landlord called me back and said she'd be there soon to let me in. I turned around after going about 10 blocks. I was a bit disappointed. I was kinda looking forward to the walk.

This last Thursday I was hanging out with Riann while she worked karaoke. She was getting a bit tipsy so I helped her finish her shift and made sure she didn't drive home. I didn't mind since there was no school Friday. I drove her back to my place with her car, made her some chicken strips and let her crash on my futon. She woke me up around 9 to say goodbye and to offer to pick up my car at the Clubhouse. I declined since I was still very tired and I was up for the walk challenge.

I woke up around 1 and watched some TV and checked my walking route online. It was a 7.5 mile 2 hour 30 minute walk. I left around 5 and stopped by the bank and Blockbuster on the way. I brought my Ipod for some entertainment. I have walked most of this walk before, just never all in one collective. At around half way I'm regretting the fact that I didn't wear my usual sandals and instead my "Chuckies". I can feel the blisters forming. Eventually I'm able to walk through the pain and it starts to get dark and colder. I don't really care that it's cold, but walking in the dark on busy roads with no sidewalks has me on alert. I made it there fine, Mom.

As soon as I walk in Andy looks and me and says "You must be crazy to be wearing shorts and a T-shirt in this weather." I smile and say, "Yup, and I walked here too!" That confirmed my craziness.

Since I had another hour until I had to start karaoke I sat at the bar and enjoyed the drama and shenanigans. Once the clock hit 8:30 I got up. OOOOWWWWW! I hobbled over to the karaoke booth and removed my shoes to observe the damage. 4 blisters. Juicy. I take off my socks and loosely re-apply my shoes. I sit as much as I can. I tend to my feet when I get home and the next day I lay in bed a lot to avoid using my legs. I don't think I'll be doing that again anytime soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

Kaz and I read this together...you're a crazy crazy boy Alexander!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home