Blog

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Karaoke is Worth 1000 Songs

I have now done 1000 songs for karaoke. I have been doing karaoke for about a year and a half now and I have amassed quite a collection, starting with Mr. Jones by The Counting Crows and coming to Dancing in the Moonlight by King Harvest. How do I know I've done 1000 songs? Around the 50 song mark I decided to make an iTunes playlist of my karaoke songs. It took me a little while to remember the 50 or so songs I had done, but it wasn't too hard since I had done most of those repeatedly. I've kept a running tally ever since. I thought I would do some Top 5's in commemoration of this feet. If you want to know all the songs I have done, here is the list. (Note: it is ordered by artist, but the songs for the artist are order by album.) The items in each list below are in no particular order. I just threw them together.

Top 5 Songs I've Probably Done The Most

These have gotten on the list because I like them or someone else likes me doing it.

  1. Bring Me To Life - Evanescence
  2. Asshole - Dennis Leary
  3. Like A Stone - Audioslave
  4. Laid - James
  5. Rainbow Connection - Kermit

Top 5 Songs I Hope Never To Do Again

Why did I do them at all? Usually because someone else picked them out the song out for me. Every now and then I was feeling crazy and wanted to do a horrible song.

  1. Picture - Kid Rock & Sheryl Crow
  2. We Are The World - USA for Africa
  3. Only Time - Enya
  4. Electric Avenue - Eddy Grant
  5. Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne

Top 5 Duets

I've done a number of duets and most of them with Riann. I just picked out the ones I liked or did a lot.

  1. Bring Me To Life - Evanescence
  2. Suddenly Seymour - (Little Shop Of Horrors)
  3. I Just Can't Wait To Be King - (Lion King)
  4. Love Is Strange - Mickey & Sylvia
  5. Falling Slowly - Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova

Top 5 Favorite Songs

I either really like the songs, or like to sing them, or they are just a crowd favorite.

  1. I Just Can't Wait To Be King - (Lion King)
  2. You Know My Name - Chris Cornell
  3. Pencil Thin Moustache - Jimmy Buffett
  4. Blue Collar Man - Styx
  5. Treat Her Like A Lady - Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose

Top 5 Artists/Songs I Wish I Could Get

Not every song has been made into a karaoke file. These are the artists I wish there was more of or any at all or maybe just one particular song.

  1. More of They Might Be Giants
  2. More of Glen Hansfard
  3. Anything by Flight Of The Conchords
  4. "Bad Days" and "Yoshimi..." - The Flaming Lips
  5. I've Got A Thing About Seeing My Grandson Grow Old - Cat Stevens

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

Why isn't Ghetto Superstar on your wish list? Or one of your top songs lists? Eh?

7:00 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Or the Papa Joe's song? Eh?

7:01 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Tell ya what. If you make backing music to the 5 second Papa Joe's song, I'll sing it for karaoke.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home