Me In Song
A question a lot of people ask, but no one ever seems to answer is "What is your favorite song?" The reason people ask is because people ask "what is your favorite..." questions all the time, whether it be movie, ice cream, or color. Music is just another on the list. People don't answer because there are a lot of songs and it's so easy to like so many. It's also so easy to like a new one the next minute. A question I used to ask was "What song best describes you?" People usually didn't answer this one either. That or they would make up something silly. The first time I came up with this question I answered it with Fool on the Hill by the Beatles. Over the years some times I would change my answer to I am a Rock by Simon and Garfunkel. Then for a while I never really thought about the question. Eventually, I would think about the question again and the answer was Power of Two by the Indigo Girls. This fit until it didn't anymore. It was then replaced by Dream About You by Keri Noble. Soon after that it was replaced by They'll Need a Crane by They Might Be Giants. A few months later it was replaced by You Oughta Know by Alanis Morissette. Then I stopped thinking about the question again. And now I'm asking myself the question again. There are so many to choose from, but I think I would have to pick the one on my alarm clock right now. Mr. Blue Sky by ELO.
So what is my favorite song? I don't know. I've been liking a lot of stuff. Jonathan Coulton (thanks Tara), Cold War Kids, the Juno soundtrack, the Once soundtrack, Ben's Brother. The ones that have lasted with me for a while: Beatles, TMBG, Cat Stevens, Matchbox Twenty, Tom Petty, Neil Young. When people ask me my favorite I tend to default to "Am I Awake" by TMBG. I doubt it's my fav still. I'd have to say "When Your Mind's Made Up" from the Once soundtrack is pretty awesome. I'll go with that.
Blog
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home