Birth Bro and Sis
I ended up working karaoke this Sunday. Sundays tend to be really slow, but this Sunday threw me a surprise. I was talking with one of the singers, Jen, and we discovered we have the exact same birth day: July 4th, 1981. This was amazing to me. She then called up a friend of hers named Ryan. He too has the same exact birthday. He came into the bar too. This was so cool. We all felt very connected. By my calculations (US pop 1981: 229 million, US birth rate 1981: 15.8/1000, 365 days in 1981) there are roughly 9900 US born citizens with that exact birthday. The odds that 3 of us would run into each other and discover it seems quite unlikely. I gave them my number. We are determined to hang out a lot. This is so sweet. They are my birth brother and sisters. Jen even looks a lot like me. Dark hair, darker skin, mole on left cheek.
I also told them about my friend Emily who was born on my theoretical conception day. Which is the main reason I never forget her birthday.
Blog
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home