Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sequels Suck

Happy Thanksgiving. I thought I would put up one more post before I leave for Boise. This happened to me on Sunday, Just after my last post.

I got locked out again! Same reason too. I was doing laundry and as I was about to close the door behind me and I decided check to see if I had my keys. I heard them jingle in my pocket so I closed the door. I headed over to the laundry room and I reached in to get my key. As some of you have probably guessed, I can only seem to feel JINGLING QUARTERS! I am baffled by my stupidity. I take my basket back to my door and think of options. It's 4:30, getting dark, raining. I have my my Ipod, quarters, and (this time) my wallet. I go check to see if the manager is in. The sign outside her door says she's gone until the 18th. That is today. The light is off so she isn't back. I write down the same useless numbers she has for emergencies. I go to the pay phone and try and use my phone card, but it apparently doesn't work on pay phones. This means I have to go ask my neighbor to use his phone.

He's home. He's always home. He has no job as of recently, so that is why. If he is always around, they should make HIM manager. Then he could just open my door. This other lady is never around when I need her. Anyway, he lets me in and lets me dial the "emergency" numbers. As suspected, none of them work. He lets me borrow the phone until I can get a hold of someone. I start scrolling through my Ipod. I call Emily first. Nope. Then Riann. Nope. The Emily again, Nope. I call Drew to see if he is near Emily and can have them pick me up. Nope. He's in Colorado already. It is then I notice the light on in the managers place. I knock on the door and an elderly fellow answers. He informs me that the manager is on her way back from Pheonix and should be here around 10. That's 5 hours! I then call Katherine. BING! She says she'll pick me up and she will even let me do laundry at her place. SWEET! I go back to the neighbors to return his phone. He doesn't answer the door so I open the door. In the distance I hear him ask if I got anywhere. I walk in further and tell him I got a hold of a friend and that the manager is back at 10. Right then as I'm putting his phone on the counter. I pass the cupboards and see he is on the toilet. I quickly turn back and thank him for the phone.

I now have some time to kill while I wait for Katherine. I go to the Plaid Pantry and get chocolate milk and Fig Newtons. I sit on my door mat and huddle up while I listen to a Car Talk podcast. As I wait I think about how the mat didn't really any comfort for my homeless guy. It mainly served as a barrier to the cold cement. After about 40 minutes Katherine shows up and the rest is pretty boring: do laundry, watch TV, get back in at 10.

So not nearly as interesting as last time. Sequels never seem to live up to the original. I dedicate this post to Katherine and a little bit to Riann. Katherine, thanks for picking me up then and letting me chill at your place. Riann, thanks, in advance, for driving me to the airport so early today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, go with your plan of leaving a spare key at my place. If I'm not home April and Dustin have a key to my place, and can grab the key for ya. And....... dork, we live less than ten minutes from your place.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home