Blog

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Better Drivers

It snowed about 4 to 6 inches out and school was canceled. It may even be canceled tomorrow. We'll see. I was driving over to my friends house to have some fun (photos) and I realized how bad people here are at driving in the snow. Most, at least. (I love that last sentence) Snow on the road, and they are driving 30 or more mph with 1 car length or less between them. "But the speed limit is 50mph, so I'm really going slow." These people don't understand inertia.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

On New Year's Eve, the Twin Cities got a terribly long and nasty storm. With it being a holiday, most cities were not ready to plow the stuff. (Plymouth didn't get to in until Jan. 2.)

On the interstate, most people were driving half the speed limit, around 30 mph. That didn't stop idiots from trying to go faster.

I saw so many cars in the ditch. On a cloverleaf ramp, one car looked to have flipped over two and a half times before settling upside down on a chain link fence.

Six hours later, the roads were still terrible, but the wind had picked up. Driving home from a hockey game that night in Saint Paul, I saw the few people who were on the road make terrible choices.

A minivan had gotten onto the interstate, accelerated like mad, hit an icy spot, spun around twice as it flew across three lanes and ended up hitting the median guard rail under a bridge.

Fortunately, I was driving at 25-30 mph, and was well far back of that idiot. And for some reason every one else on the road thought I had a good idea and started lining up behind me as we slowly made our way north.

Just remember folks, you can either get there safe or not at all.

The More You Know!

Donald Trump: "Smoking suck... the air out of your lungs!"

The More You Know!

I'll stop writing now.

4:29 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Hey Alex ~

Kaz showed me your videos - very impressive!!! Really, you're quite talented. And the end of that animated video was really cool.

Hope life in Portland is treating you well. And thanks for continuing to be the sole reader of our blog!
~Shelley

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home