Blog

Monday, September 08, 2008

Pizza or UPS

I decided to order a pizza today from Domino's. I thought I would order it online this time though. Ordering went fine and wasn't complicated, but once I placed the order I was surprised to see that they have a Pizza Tracker(2.1.0 patent pending). There are 5 stages in this tracker: Order-placed, Prep, Bake, Box, Delivery. They tell you were you're pizza is in the stages and at what time it got to it's current stage. Right now Mark has put my order in the oven at 3:56 PM. It's kinda spooky. I know that Domino's has always been on the cutting edge of pizza delivery service, and I am very entertained at watching blinking red lights, but I fear the future of this or Pizza Tracker(5.2.1). Pretty soon we will literally watch them make the pizza on webcam and see the GPS location of pizza person. The GPS thing would be cool now that I think of it, but the webcam would be a bit sick. There are somethings I just don't want to see. Hey, my bake light isn't blinking. Now I'm getting paranoid. Did the oven break? Was it blinking before? I know the prep light was blinking. Hmmm... Wait, There is a knock on the door. The PIZZA. This Pizza Tracker thing still needs some work I guess. I guess I don't have to fear 5.2.1, maybe 11.1.3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home