Top Laughs
I'm sure most of you sit back when there is nothing to do and re-hash old times. For some reason I decided to remember all the times I've laughed a lot. So, I decided to waste even more time by blogging about some of the most memorable laughs I've had in my life. Some of you may even remember them. By the way, what is it with me and laughter. I have that video of me laughing too. I guess laughing is just fun.
6) The Video of Me Laughing. It's pretty memorable, especially since there is a video of it. Kinda makes it hard to forget. Good one though.
5) The Bourne Identity. Emily H., Maighie, and I went to the theaters to watch the Bourne Identity with Matt Damon. It got to the part where the first assassin throws himself out the window. He looked so much like a rag doll doing it that we had to laugh. From then on Emily and I were trying to stop, but we would just set each other off. Maighie was getting a bit embarrassed and to end the laughter, Emily had to leave the theater for a few minutes.
4) The Ice Cream Commercial. I always remember that one. It was a very long time ago. We still lived in the house on Wellington. We were watching TV at the dinner table and the commercial came on. It went a little something like this. "Mmm.. this [Brand] ice cream is really good. Want some?" At this point he smashed the ice cream into the screen. It was just so unexpected that we all just started laughing. I'm sure I thought it was so funny because I was a kid, but it was a great laugh.
3) Little Ceaser's Puppets. Another early one. It was after the ice cream thing. Little Ceaser's had a promotion that would give you these really cool finger puppets of the Little Ceaser's guy. He would always zoom on the screen and say "Pizza Pizza" then zoom off, presumably to get pizza. The puppets were not available in Wisconsin and if memory serves me right, Wyoming, maybe Arkansas. Ben and I were pretty bummed. About a month later we went to visit our Grandparents and we went to Little Ceaser's for dinner. This is Minnesota and therefore willing puppet participants. I know that we begged for them when we left and I think our Grandma got them for us. We were very excited. On the way back to our grandparents house Ben and I used our puppets to imitate the cartoon one on TV. All that could be heard in the back of the van was "Pizza, Pizza" for the next half hour. We would also have him pretend to zoom around. I'm sure it annoyed the hell out of our parents. It got to the point where we were laughing instead of saying the catch phase. We just couldn't say it. All we could do was laugh. I think I remember Dad saying something about how they would just end up at the bottom of the toy pile in a week. They did in about a month and I know It's still around somewhere, but it was worth it.
2) The Van. I was hanging out with Michael at his apartment. We were playing God of War. We had gotten to this point that was extremely hard. We kept passing off the controller, but we couldn't get anywhere. I was finally making some progress when Micheal said "Get in the VAN!!" I laughed a little and mentioned how he sounded like Richard Dreyfus. He repeated the line and we both imagined Richard Dreyfus driving up quickly and opening the sliding side door and yelling "GET IN THE VAN!" We couldn't stop laughing. I was in a bit of pain because I was holding back my laugher and trying not to tear up because I didn't want to have my character die. This only increased the need to laugh. Once I got to a save point, we just started bawling with laughter. I have no clue why he said that.
1) The Butt Photo. Of course this is number one. It's hard to top. I was at Maighie's house in Madison with the rest of the family. We were looking at some old photo's. We came to one of Emily as a little kid at the beach. I pointed out that it looked like her butt was on her front. Everyone else confirmed that it did. Emily got a bit sad and rest of us started to laugh. Emily soon joined in laughter. The laugher lasted a while with tears and all. Everyone else settled, but I just couldn't stop laughing. It was just so funny. After laughing for about five minutes straight I got a little scared. It was getting hard to breathe. I did my best to stop and I did after another five minutes. Thank goodness I had brought my inhaler. God that was good
I know I'm forgetting a bunch of good ones. Especially ones with Chuck. Please feel free to post a few comments of your own laughables, whether or not I'm involved.
Labels: List of Something
Blog
2 Comments:
Now we need to find those puppets.
Sweet idea rehashing all of your laughable moments and sharing them! They started making me think of some really funny things that I really had a lot a laughter for in my past!
Keep up the funny laughable moments in your life, cause you do have a great laugh!
Post a Comment
<< Home