Blog

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

166

The past few days I've been trying to get back onto a normal sleep schedule. I'm just never tried at the right time nor can I sleep long enough when the time is right. Today I was tired by midnight, but my brain won't let me sleep. I keep thinking about so many different things. Eventually I got caught up trying to calculate the value of 166 in my head. Here is my thought process...

166
= 162 * 162 * 162
= 256 * 4 * 4 * 4 * 4 * 256
= 1024 * 4 * 4 * 1024
= 4096 * 4096
= (4000 + 96)(4000 + 96)
= 4000*4000 + 2 * 4000 * 96 + 962
= 16000000 + 768000 + 962
= 16768000 + 1002 - 800 + 16
= 16768000 + 10000 - 800 + 16
= 16777216

Unfortunately, I switched the 6 and the 8 around in my head from line 8 so I got 16795216 as an answer. I always make mistakes like that.

Of course, when I got my answer I had to get out of bed to check it. It's things like this that keep me up at night. Gladly, there are normal things that keep me up at night too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home