Morning Is Broken
There are morning people and there are non-morning people. I truly believe I'm a morning person that doesn't get much out of the morning. I have my reasons too. Most of my reasons are picky so I'm just gonna sound whiny the whole time.
Most people say that the best part of the morning is their shower. It gets them going, wakes them up, and refreshes them. I don't take showers in the morning. I love night showers. There is nothing more relaxing to me than a shower in absolute darkness. So I lose any benefits the morning showers give. You might say I could take 2 showers, but that is wrong for 2 reasons. The first being the wastefulness of it all. The second being that the towel would never be sufficiently dry.
If you don't get your kick off of a shower, then you probably get your start from a nice cup of coffee. I hate coffee. Hate the smell of it too. I walk a little faster in the coffee aisle of the grocery store. I tried to like it once. I even sometimes wish I liked it, but it's no good. I tend to stick with soda for that caffeine boost. And most people wouldn't think of pop as a morning drink.
The last downfall of my morning is the big one. Breakfast. I never really eat breakfast. I tend to dislike most breakfast foods. I'm picky about my eggs. I don't like English muffins. I'm not a fan of sausage. Most omellets make my stomach turn. And I can even look at the airy pastries. If I do eat breakfast it's one of these things: cereal, fruit, non-airy donuts, bacon, waffles. Some of you that know me may be thinking about pancakes. I do eat pancakes. But it's one of those food like eggs that I can be picky about, just not as picky. I need to be in the mood for it. I can't do light syrup. The pancakes can't be too thick either. Plus pancakes aren't really time efficient in the morning.
What caused me to complain about this now? I'm a square peg in a field of round holes. I tend to get a little dozy in the morning. This is mainly because I don't eat breakfast. So I decided to pick something up from Wendy's. Unfortunately, they didn't open until 10am! And I was all ready for a Frosty too. So I went across the street to McD's. I forgot they were on their breakfast menu which is pretty much all egg's, McMuffin's, and odd meats. Vomit. I remember working in the warehouse and enjoying a nice apple turnover in the morning. All though, you had to make sure to go to the right Hardee's (Carl's Jr.) to get one. I don't think the morning wants me to like it.
So what do I like about the morning? I love the sun. I love the crisp air. I enjoy the feeling of waking up. I especially enjoy the feeling of knowing that I have a whole day ahead of me. I just have to wait until 10am to start enjoying it my way.
Blog
1 Comments:
I don't think the things you listed are what make people a "morning person" or not. I am most definitely NOT a morning person. Granted I also shower at night, and don't eat breakfast. But not for lack of LOVING breakfast foods, but if it is the choice between staying in bed or getting up 5-10 minutes earlier to eat something, you can bet I'm staying in bed.
I think what defines you as a morning person or not, is largely how you feel about getting up. I could always go back to sleep after waking up, whereas some people, once they're up they're up, these people tend to be morning people. Also, some people think it is great to be super productive in the morning, running errands, etc. If I ever do happen to be up in the morning with nothing I have to do (which is rare, why would I have gotten up if I didn't have to) I rarely see it as a key time to get things done. I get more done in the evening.
Still, sorry about the Frosty.
Post a Comment
<< Home