Blog

Sunday, March 04, 2007

The Sound of Silence

About a week ago I was oddly fascinated in thoughts about noise and silence. Some of us sit in noise and wait for the silence. Others sit in silence and wait for noise. There are many times silence seems odd to people. I don't know how many times I've been sitting in a noisy class that goes silent and some student will always say how weird it is that it is quiet. No one ever says how weird it is when it's noisy. At least not in a classroom. I also though about what type of person I tend to be. Do I wait for noise or silence more? I'm pretty sure I wait for noise more often. Who are you?

I was also thinking about silence. Most of us think that silence is the absence of any sound. But you can have two sounds make silence. It's a wave an therefore follows the laws of interference. So you could be sitting in silence when all the sudden someone removes some noise making things much noisier. Silence is a delicate scale.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

 

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home