Blog

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Boise

As some of you may know, I went to Boise this last weekend. I had a really great time. Very relaxing. Played some video games (Lego Star Wars II, Destroy All Humans 2) watched movies (Frantic, Throw Mama from the Train) watched TV (Invader Zim, CSI) ate food (Sub sandwich, pizza). I could list many different things. There are a few things that stand out.

The first stand out thing has to do with my stupidity. I was all worried before the trip about forgetting something, but I was pretty much set to go. When I finally pulled into their street I realized I didn't write down their apartment number. Oops! My first idea was to use the pay phone in the Pizza Hut next door and call Chuck. Thank goodness I had his number. I had no cash on me so I tried to call collect. Nope. It wouldn't let me call his number collect. After walking around outside to see if I could spot a bank or gas station to use a debit card turned fruitless, I returned to the Hut. I asked if I could use my card to get some quarters. I couldn't, but they were nice enough to give me 4. Unfortunately, the dang phone wouldn't let me call Chuck's number with quarters either. So I ditched the phone. I thought about yelling their names in the courtyard, but I didn't want to wake anyone up. It's almost midnight. I decided to knock on every door with the lights on. The first door I came to was a wrong one, but the lady inside was helpful. She let me use her cellphone. I was soon hearing Chucks voice on the phone and right above me. I was close.

The second stand out thing also has to do with my stupidity. Chuck and I played Frisbee golf on the rainy Sunday. We did 25 holes. Around the repeat of hole 3 I made a bad throw and it landed on the other side of the creek, which for some reason I kept calling a lake. I took the small path to the other side to play from there. I then pondered jumping the creek. The pondering soon turned into action. I was a little worried that on my leaping step my foot would sink in and the jump would me more of a face plant right into the water. Luckily the ground stood firm. Unluckily, I didn't quite have the speed to traverse the creek and my landing step was very deep and wet. This combined with the small velocity I did have caused me to roll into the ground in front of me. So I'm laying down with one soaked leg and laughing my ass off. Thank God Chuck saw it. I would have hated to have such a moronic action go unnoticed.

The last stand out thing has nothing to do with my stupidity, but with Shelley's oddity. Shelley apparently makes up short little songs about random things. The one that was kinda catchy is the "Papa Joe's" song. If you have the chance you must inquire.

8 Comments:

Blogger tara said...

Alex, this is the world's way of telling you to joing the 21st century and get a cell phone.

oh, and Shelley is great. . . she used to wrtie me poems during study hall. I bet I still have some of them.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer to think of it as a gift rather than an oddity. =)

And I'm impressed that Tara remembers my study hall poems! Does Jamie read this blog too? I once wrote a poem about her having a loose head.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Between this and SB's, I'm feeling very included!

I vote oddity, because that's more interesting. I remember the loose head as an inside joke more than the actual text of the poem -- but I bet I have it somewhere. I don't know if TJ ever wrote me any poems -- mostly lyrics. And AK definately didn't.

I'm curious about the comment that was deleted. Was that pudding related?

12:04 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Pudding related? Yes. That's what I got scolded for on the potato blog.

Also, I DO still have the loose head poem (see below). Remember in like 7th or 8th grade when I did the Jams & Jellies book for English class? Well, I had typed all the poems in that book and I still have them saved...and this was among them. Enjoy!

Jaime’s Loose Head

There once was a girl named Jaime,
who always dressed in red,
and she had a terrible problem,
she had a very loose head.

Every morning when she got up,
her head would almost fall off.
And her head would almost start rolling away,
each time she’d start to cough.

She’d been to the doctor a million times,
(or maybe a million and one),
but each time she’d go, he’d always say,
“there’s nothing that can be done.”

Poor little Jaime just couldn’t understand,
no one knew how her head got loose.
It could be from when she feel off that train,
or when she got hit by the moose.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made an attempt at the pudding riddle, but Alex hasn't gotten back to me yet.

2:41 PM  
Blogger tara said...

to continue posting things about eachother on other people's blogs. . .

(oh, and Jamie, until you get a blog of your own, I'm not sure about your commenting on our lack of posting)

Tara erecto who always wore pink
woke up every morning and hated to think
so she wore the same sirt everyday
and it started to smell in quite a bad way
she'd wear it each day and always to bed
her skin even stained in its light shade of red
she got to the point she refused to shower
from ground her smell rose to the top of a tower
her odor increased and considered a threat
people would faint from the dizziness they'd get
her mom one day said, "tara erecto
your odor is bad, to the doctor you'll go"
so she called up the Doctor, Kr. Kindbed
and made an appt, one that he'd dread
when the time came, and he checked her out
he discovered her problem and told with a shout
"take a damn shower, you stupid dumb hoe"
so she went home and showered that erecto
her mom snuck in the bathroom and threw out the shirt
the dog buried it in a pile of dirt
soon tara erecto did smell no more
and the sun shined brighter and the eagles did saor

By: Shelley Berg

a wonder I wasn't more offended by this. . . and i've got more, for another day kids, another day ;)

7:41 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Wow - sorry about the "stupid dumb hoe" reference. Good thing I'm a tad more mature now. =)

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home