Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Unlucky Luck

I locked myself out of my car today. It's a somewhat interesting story. I need to lead up to it though, so bare with me, cause this is important information. I've locked myself out of my car twice and apartment twice since I've been in Oregon. I've only had to call a locksmith once. After locking myself out of my apartment the second time, I always pat down my pockets just before I close the door to make sure I have my keys. I've caught myself a few times actually.

Today started like a normal day. I had a half day job at a highschool. I woke up at 10:30 and showed up 15 minutes early. When I arrived I was told that my subbing services weren't needed until 6th and 7th period (the teachers had tennis practice). After talking with a few secretaries my day was planned out. I was to do lunch duty, have lunch 5th period and sub 6th and 7th. Duty was fine and fast. Lunch was Taco Bell and tasty. I finished lunch early so I had 30 minutes to spare. I spent that time listening to music in my car while I watch the rain streak down the windows. It was getting close to that time so I turned off my Ipod and put it away. I opened my door and hit the auto lock button... Funny, the doors didn't lock. I tried again. Nope. Well my car must be breaking down, so I manual lock all the doors. I pat my pockets and I'm good. I close the door and head to school. I put my had in my pocket as I tend to do and notice something odd. These aren't my cars keys! These are my SUB KEYS!!! NOOOOOOO!!! I've left my keys in the ignition with the battery running. I head to my class and talk to the teacher where they tell me I'm not really needed. It's raining and tennis has been canceled. SWEET! So I go to the office and let them know the situation. They are nice enough to let me call a tow truck and wait for it.

Well isn't this interesting. I'm standing on the corner thinking about the situation. I'm sitting in the middle in so many ways. Let me explain that. If I was less observant I wouldn't have noticed that my doors didn't lock and I would have been able to get my keys. If I would have been more observant I would have noticed the keys in the ignition. Also, I'm unlucky to have my keys locked in my car. Though I was lucky enough to have it rain so that I wasn't needed and able to call a tow truck and lucky enough that it was only a drizzle so that I didn't get soaked waiting for the truck to show up. So things worked out pretty well for things not working out so well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home