Blog

Monday, January 23, 2006

Qubics

Qubics I show up on Thursdays during lunch to the calculator club. I'm an advisor of sorts. I'm not the supervisor, that would be a different math teacher. I do happen to know more about calculators than she does, so I'm definitely a help. This last time, when I entered the room, I was notified of a calculator challenge: Make a program that allows twos to four players to play Qubics. Deadline: 1 month. For those of you who don't know what Qubics is, which is probably all of you, imagine Tic-Tac-Toe. Now, instead of a 3x3 board, make it a 4x4 board. Now, instead of one board, make it 4 board placed one on top of the other. The object is to get 4 in-a-row. This can be done on 1 board or through all four boards. I remembered the challange late on Friday and got started. I finished every last bit of it today. It's fully functional and tested. I'm sure there is one or two more gliches I haven't seen. I can't wait to see some of the ideas the other students came up with.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

I have now made a version for the TI-85.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home